Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

You do your job--I'll do mine

There are times when I'm not "nice."

Today when I arrived at one of my accompanying jobs, a substitute was there. With a sigh of relief, she handed me the lesson plan that had been left her by the choir director and said, "I'm sure you'll understand what she wants." It was true. I did understand. I also understand that she's not getting paid for me to do her job. I smiled at her, handed the lesson plan back and said, "I'm sorry, but I just accompany. I'm certain I wouldn't know where to begin."

I know. I could have taken over. But honestly, if you don't want to substitute teach, for heaven's sake, don't apply for the job! And I don't like it when people assume I'll bail them out--which is why I probably don't.

3 comments:

  1. Me, too, obviously, but Ken--you have to capitalize her name even if she doesn't, because Ambrosia is of the highest quality and just requires capitalization. (did you notice I capitalized you, as well?)

    ReplyDelete