Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Gender Issues

DJ (sitting next to me at the computer--very grumpy): I am the WORST wrapper in the whole world!
Me: I don't think so. Have you ever heard me rap? I'm pretty awful at it.

Long pause....

Me: You're supposed to laugh. I made a funny.
DJ: I know. I'm ignoring it.
Me: Why?
DJ: It ticks me off that my presents are ugly!
Me: The paper is just going to be ripped off. Really, this is not a problem.
DJ: I just want to be able to make pretty-looking presents!!
Me: Huh. I've never really cared about that.

Long pause again...

Me: Are you sure you're a guy?
DJ: Are you sure you're a girl?


1 comment:

  1. I feel for DJ. I spend no small amount of time wrapping my packages. Giving gifts is important to me, and I want everything to be "just so". It pains me to see folks completely blow through the gift wrap to get to the gift.

    It's like rushing through appetizers, a prayer, or foreplay. It's just a shame to be in such a hurry that you can't enjoy the journey.

    * le sigh *

    You're lucky to have such a sensitive child.

    ReplyDelete