Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tabitha

Tabitha: Oh, by the way, Mom, we're having New Beginnings tomorrow night. I have a part on the program. You can come if you want to.

Me: Really? Am I invited?

Tabitha: Yeah. Parents are supposed to attend.

Me: Why haven't I heard anything about this before now?

Tabitha (looking sheepish): Ummm...I'm supposed to give you an invitation?

Me: That would be good. Where's the invitation?

Tabitha: Somewhere in my room.

Me: Okay, nevermind.

Tabitha: I'll find it!

Two hours later I am presented with a somewhat crumpled but still legible invitation. 

Tabitha: You don't have to come if you're busy.

Me: I'll come.

Tabitha: Oh, good. Sorry about the short notice.

Me: What else is in your room that you've forgotten to give me.

Tabitha: Nothing. I promise. Except, I borrowed your black shirt again. And your tank top. And your skirt.

Me: I see. Make sure they're in the laundry by 8:00 tonight?

Tabitha: Deal.

1 comment:

  1. Deja vu. Sounds like a conversation with my daughter on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete