Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, April 4, 2011

Sometimes I just don't want to:

1. Go to bed at night. I'm sleepy. I know it will be comfy and warm. I know Darrin is waiting for me. I still don't want to. And no matter how late I go to bed, I'm up in the morning with the sun. There is nothing I can do about this.

2. Take a shower. I don't know why. I hate not showering, so I do it anyway. But I don't want to. Maybe because I think showering is boring

3. Wear clothes. Mostly because I can't decide what to wear and it just seems easier not to get dressed at all. Eventually naked time has to end so I do wear clothes but I don't want to.

4. Answer the phone. And if I don't want to--I don't. It makes Darrin crazy but I refuse to be a slave to my phone and I'm pretty sure if I don't want to answer, whoever is calling would rather not talk to me in that moment. I'm just not lots of fun when I'm doing something I don't want to.

5. Take my vitamins. This is silly because there is no reason not to. But because I'm supposed to, I don't want to.

Darrin says I'm still a two-year-old at heart. I think he's probably right.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on #4. Just because someone calls doesn't mean I'm obligated to answer my phone. My phone is for my convenience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I pay for it. I will decide if and when I wish to answer. And just for the record, I feel the same way about my door--so guests should not come unannounced during a blizzard because I might be having naked time and choose not to answer the door, leaving the guest standing in the snow. Not that that has anything to do with what we're talking about, but I just thought of it anyway.

    ReplyDelete