Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Hope is the dream of a soul awake. ~French Proverb

Today, for the first time in two years, I left work this afternoon and I was not exhausted.

I know--no big deal. People do that every day. But I've been so tired emotionally, that any kind of exertion leaves me depleted. Well, it used to.

I've been feeling this coming, but not counting on it because for the past couple of years I've tried to rebuild and reinforce, only to be hit by one more thing. Not today, though.

I wanted to call every person I know and tell them about it. Fortunately for them, I restrained myself.

I even made dinner, went on a date with Darrin, then came home and worked for a couple of hours and I still feel okay.

Maybe my super powers are returning. It's not impossible, right?

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha, I totally get what you are saying. You are much farther on this healing journey than I am...it is very encouraging to read this and think I could be there someday too! Thanks for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Brozy, and Leslie--everyone responds differently to the challenges in their lives. I'm pretty certain there are things you manage well that I'm still trying to figure out and vice versa. However, I'm glad you're here. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself when I post online. :)

    ReplyDelete