Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Good Things

1. I haven't talked about this here because I didn't want to talk about it at all. But about a ten days ago, while visiting Utah, my mother fell down a large flight of stairs and ended up breaking several ribs (three are free-floaters), shattering a vertebra in her neck, and getting a concussion which included a small subdural hematoma. She was in critical condition for three days, but was released from the hospital last Friday. If all goes well, she'll get to travel home on Thursday this week. I've not been able to talk with her yet (my free time is nonexistent so I can only call in the early mornings and late at night when she's sleeping), but I'm given frequent updates from my dad.

2. My niece is having a baby girl today.

3. My aunt, who has been waiting nearly five years, received a kidney transplant this morning. She's doing well.

It's beautiful today. Even if it's cold, I think I need to go for a run and enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom! Very exciting news about your niece and your aunt, though.

    ReplyDelete