Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Power of Suggestion

Many years ago I became involved with an opinion panel. I'm not sure how that happened, as I'm not keen on sharing my opinions with strangers. However, I believe it may have come to pass because I was home with my first baby and BORED. Answering online surveys was better than watching my infant sleep. Someday I will learn how to rest without feeling the need to type compulsively.

The online panel would send out screening surveys, then send test products to selected individuals. This was actually kind of fun. I got to try different foods, soaps, hair products, cleaners, and skincare products. Then, after using the products for a couple of weeks, I would send feedback. So--if there's product on the market that you really like, I'm certain it's there solely because I recommended it. 

You're welcome.

Last month I tested a body wash (it was very nice--I might even buy it if it's marketed). Today I received a new product: six rolls of toilet tissue. It's an interesting experience to receive a box from the postman filled with toilet tissue. 

Each test product comes with a letter which gives explicit instructions about when to begin use, how often to use the product, and who should use it. Today's test product came with these instructions:

Begin using this product IMMEDIATELY.

To my surprise, I found that I needed to. So, I did.

I'm now a little nervous about being a member of this panel. Perhaps they're using some sort of subliminal mind control. That doesn't make me happy.

Still, I'm happy to report that the test product works very well and is...ummm...comfortable to use...and...strong...durable...yeah...that's it....

The follow-up survey on this one will be loads of fun.

8 comments:

  1. To my surprise, I found that I needed to. So, I did.

    .:must pick self up from floor:.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry typos Lol You're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha. It makes my life so much better knowing you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has to be mind control. Yep, has to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Subliminal message: In your review, you must use the words puffy, mammal, masticate, and thespian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Samantha,
    This comment has nothing to do with your entry, but I don't know where else to put it, so I thought I'd comment on the post about toilet paper. Because that just seems so right.

    Anyway. Are you going to v. group reunion on Thursday? I would love to meet you. I will be the one looking terrified enough to puke.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin--I don't know if I'll make it to the reunion. If Darrin can come with me to Utah that weekend, I'll wait until he gets off work before we leave. That will get us to SLC around midnight and the reunion will be over. If he can't come, I'll probably leave a little earlier and stop by the reunion to say hello to everyone. So--I guess the answer is that at this point, I don't know. I hope to see you though.

    ReplyDelete