Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, July 9, 2007

Monday and Tuesday, July 2nd-3rd

Darrin and I met AtP, Jason (of AnotherOther fame), Leslie, and their baby in Provo. I have to add a little background here. Jason is the first online contact I ever made. I read his blog and emailed him, wanting to know more about him. There were other reasons for my wanting to get to know him better, but the point is that we've been communicating through email, phone calls, and chats for over a year, and I've been wanting to meet the Lockhart family since this time last year. It was an absolute delight to meet and spend time with them, and AtP and I have both fallen in love with Leslie (whom neither of us had contacted previously). We were already in love with Jason, so that was nothing new, and their little girl alternates between monstrous and adorable, as is expected of babies when they're trying to walk, talk, and grow up.

We all walked to the Wilkenson Center to enjoy the air conditioning (what is with the heat here???), and commenced to talk nonstop for hours. Tito joined us around 3:00. About that time Darrin decided everyone needed deep-fried, artery-clogging foods to eat (I did not join in those festivities), and we continued our eternal conversation for another hour or so. Then the married people ostracised the unmarrieds (Tito and AtP, who had discussed finding some female gendered people and getting married just so they could see what we married Mohos would be talking about. However, they decided against it. I call that wisdom.), and headed north to meet two other married Moho couples for dinner. It was fun to spend time with them, but we broke up the party around 8:00 so that the Lockharts could visit other friends, and other people could work/study or sleep.

Tuesday morning I woke up and wanted to just stay in my PJ's all day. I did not want to shower or do anything. I sat around, playing my nieces, chatting with my sister, and finally made a move to get ready around 10:00. We met the Lockharts, AtP, and his friend, for lunch at Costa Vida. AtP, Jason and I became the designated food fetchers. We were standing in line to order when AtP said, "I love how we left all the straights at the table." Hmmm...funny how that happened.

We had another marathon conversation for a couple of hours, then AtP became the shuttle for Darrin and Leslie to move our cars a little closer to the restaurant (we'd parked sort of far away and walked, but it was too hot to do that again). Jason, Baby Lockhart and I were left to sit in the shade, which wasn't really any cooler, but better that the sun. I have to say, there's something wonderful about meeting in person. No matter how well you get to know another person online or on the phone, actually being with that person is so much better.

Darrin and Leslie rejoined us, but AtP and his friend had other plans. We wandered around the shops, ate ice cream and chocolate and tried on shoes (well, Leslie and I did). We finally ended up back at Costa Vida (because it was air conditioned) and just sat and talked. I kept thinking we'd run out of things to talk about, or get tired of each other. I love the fact that when we finally left, all I could think was, "We have to do this again!" I hope the Lockharts feel the same.

AtP and his friend joined Darrin and I back at my sister's house. I love my sister. She told me to be sure to invite AtP to stop by and visit. She has baby ducks (one of them pooped on my hand when I picked it up!) and a great lawn and she's just a really amazing person anyway. AtP and friend left after about an hour. My sister and I went to get dinner and Darrin and I spent a really nice evening with she and her family. We even got to bed before midnight...oh, maybe that was just me. I crashed around eleven. I have no idea when everyone else went to bed.

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous that you got to meet Jason and Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darrin and I met AtP, Jason (of AnotherOther fame), Leslie, and their baby in Provo.

    Wait. AtP, Jason, and Leslie have a baby together? Is this one of those modern family arrangements?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unrelated, but you're invited to read my blog post of 7/9.

    ReplyDelete