Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Shopping with DJ

DJ: SICK!! That guy just checked you out and smiled at you!
Me: Yes, so?
DJ: SICK!! You smiled back at him!
Me: DJ, people look at each other and smile at each other all the time. That cute girl over there just checked you out.
DJ: SICK!! You're not supposed to notice that! You're my MOM!! Besides it's okay if she checks me out. I'm kind of hot.
Me: Okay. But remember the source of half your gene pool, oh Hot One.
DJ: Well, even if you're half as hot as I am, that guy is way younger than you are. By the way, he's still looking at you--stop smiling at him!
Me: DJ, this is not a sexy smile, this is a friendly smile, and I smile at everyone.
DJ: SICK!! You said sexy in public.
Me: You know, DJ, this kind of thing seems to bother you more as you get older. I think it would bother a normal person less.
DJ: Normal people's moms are different from mine.
Me: I'm going to pretend that's a compliment.
DJ: SICK!! That guy that just passed us just checked you out! And you smiled at him, too! I can't take you anywhere!
Me: Fine, I'll drive next time.
DJ: Okay.

6 comments:

  1. that is a really fun and brilliant post/ i love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Color me scandalized. You smile in public?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA, that was hilarious. Is that really how kids talk now a days? When I was a kid everything was either wicked or righteous (synonyms for some strange reason) or wicked awesome, or awesome, or just plain cool.

    Apparently, the slang usage of "wicked" is from the northeast US, Boston specifically. I'm not so sure about that, because I started using it when I was about 10 and living in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, the fun I get to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Loved this. Wow, you gotta lay off the younger guys. So shameless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DJ rocks. That's wicked awesome.

    ReplyDelete