Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, December 29, 2007

This made me laugh

1. We went to Ted's Bakery on the last day in Hawaii with sister 2.5 and her family. The food was great, especially the homemade fries (and this is coming from me--I don't eat fries) and the eclairs. Husband of 2.5 loved the food, especially his very large, meaty burger. He said, "Wow! We have to remember this place!" To which sister 2.5 responded, "Right. Because we'll be in Hawaii so many times in our life."

2. Sister number one fell on the shore rocks. She told everyone that the marks left were because she was bitten by a baby shark. They believed her.

3. The Laie 5th Ward Relief Society has an M&M bag that they pass at the beginning of each meeting (a good idea, I think). On Sunday they had small packages of lemon cookies in the bag for the babies to enjoy. Sister number 5 whispered that she wanted the cookies for herself. I said she couldn't have any because she wasn't a baby. We took M&M's and passed the bag to my 90-year-old Grandma. She took the lemon cookies and put them in her purse.

4. My four-year-old niece made a Build-a-Bear. They didn't have any princess clothes so she opted for a wedding dress. I was sitting next to her at the airport. The white dress was spotted with blue Gatorade. We decided it was okay since it matched the bear which was the same color of blue. She told me the bear's name was Juan Ashley Purse. It talks when you press its foot. According to the foot, Juan Ashley Purse enjoys going bowling in her wedding attire. (Niece's mom told me later that niece was actually saying "Hawaiian" not "Juan". Either way, I love the name).

5. My dad surfed.

6. My dad stopped at a farm where a Philipino couple let him pick tiny bananas. They tasted the same as regular bananas (apparently they weren't quite ripe), but Dad insisted they were better than any others. I think it's because he got to pick them himself.

7. My hair tried to become dreadlocked (I have no idea if this is a word) no matter how hard I tried to keep it from doing so. If I ever live in Hawaii, I'm going to let it.

8. My nephews bought me a Dora velcro-ball set for Christmas. Then they tried to steal it from me so they could play with it.

9. I hula danced with my nieces and nephews at the Polynesian Village. Afterwards an old man patted me on the shoulder and told me I did a "very nice job."

10. My mom, always obsessed with her weight, weighed herself on the luggage scale at the airport. Unhappy with the numbers, she removed her necklace and weighed herself again.

2 comments:

  1. Did you remember to bring back some chocolate haupia pie from Ted's for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but it was a very long plane ride, followed by a very long drive...I'm not sure I can find it anymore...

    ReplyDelete