Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, July 3, 2008

ACK!! OH MY GOODNESS!! THIS IS HELPING!!!!!

I had no idea this really would help. The assignment was my idea, not Therapist's--he just said, yes, do it--as soon as possible.

I'm amazed. I'm not sure why this is helping. It's simply a retelling of things I've already said, with the added perk of talking about my feelings...

And while I don't understand, I'm loving the fact that I've had no/none/nada/zero/zip PTSD episodes in the past three weeks, and no panic attacks in the last week.

Writing the past few posts has been painful--so much that in a couple of places I was physically ill to the point of losing the contents of my stomach. And there are times I feel myself hyperventilating as I talk of things that are pretty stressful to recall.

But I'm doing it.

And as I do so, I feel better.

This is so weird.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad it is helping. :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading each post as you write them. I felt your pain and wished that you didn't have to go through all you have. You are amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it's helping. It seems like an incredibly difficult thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. Maybe I need to try to do this too. If it helped you, maybe it will help me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete