Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine." ~Sri Sathya Sai Baba

I have no idea what that quote means, nor why I'm thinking of it tonight. I remember reading it the first time and thinking, "That is completely messed up."

But sometimes, just for a moment, when I'm with someone I care for deeply, I get lost in who they are. I can't explain, because I'm not really sure what happens, but in that moment I know the person beyond what they look like, the sound of their voice is lost as it vibrates in my head, and as I inhale there is a scent beyond smell which tells me more about my loved one than words can express. And suddenly, I understand trust, and safety, and devotion in a way unlike any other.

It fleetingly breaks my heart as I recognize just for a moment how very much I love that person, and then the moment bleeds into another, splaying into ungainly reality, and is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment