Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Maybe when I'm 80 I'll understand.

My father-in-law does nothing. I'm pretty sure he wants to do something, but unless someone suggests it, he does nothing. On Saturday he asked us when we attend church on Sunday. We told him 9:00 a.m. Then we got up and went to church. FIL is not a member of our church and has, in the past, been more than a little antagonistic about our membership and attendance. When I got home, FIL said in a voice that meant he was miffed that I had not invited him, "Sometimes I go to church with Darrin's sister."

Now I ask you, how am I supposed to know he wants to go? Definitely, I'm at fault for not using my hostess skills and inviting him even when I assumed he didn't want to go. The invitation should still have been extended, but sometimes it's okay to TELL ME WHAT YOU'RE THINKING!

Sigh...

So today was packed. I had 30 minutes of down time between 5 a.m. and midnight. That's a long workday even for me. And FIL just sat on the couch for eight hours until Darrin came home at 5:00-- at which time FIL asked if Darrin would take him to Safeway. This is a good thing because if I had been asked to do the Safeway trip, there would have been no downtime for me today. But still, how does he sit on the couch for that long. I'm assuming naps were involved.

Tomorrow I have scheduled an hour to go with him to do some legal stuff involving his estate. But that's all. My day tomorrow looks very much like today--although it's sort of already tomorrow since it's after midnight. I think I might go sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment