Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, August 8, 2014

Today I went shopping with my father-in-law

Darrin is the youngest in his family. I am one of the oldest. My dad is in his late 60s. Darrin's dad is ancient.

Because of his ancientness, and four heart attacks, and a stroke, FIL opted for one of those riding scooters at the store. He walks S-L-O-W-L-Y. But the riding scooters always seem to be agonizingly slow, as well. However, not when my FIL is driving.

After nearly hitting about six shoppers because they weren't walking quickly enough, I suggested that my FIL give pedestrians the right of way. This was met with a chilly reception. FIL tried to leave me behind, giving that electric scooter all the juice he could. Fortunately (or unfortunately, if you're viewing this from my FIL's point of view), I'm a pretty fast walker and didn't get left behind. FIL continued to make walking shoppers leap out of the way, and then played chicken with another scooter driver. He won.

FIL will be here for seven more days. Pray for me.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it's those Walmart shoppers that need luck. FIL is relentless. But thanks for the prayers. I need them!

      Delete