Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, May 18, 2007

Stochasticity

Number one:
Darrin loves chick flicks. This has developed in the years since we've been married. I, on the other hand, prefer a good comedy--or a walk outside. Tonight we alternated between Sweet Home Alabama and While You Were Sleeping. I finally escaped for my walk. Friend Larry has suggested that perhaps Darrin is compensating for a romance deficit in his marriage. When he propsed his preposterous proposition, I shoved him off the bleacher seat, upon which we were sitting while we waited for a Junior High choir to sing to us. This was very difficult since Larry weighs at least twice as much as I do. I felt much better when he sprawled on the floor, a good 15 inches below where I sat (yes, we were on the bottom row), however, part of me wonders if he was right, especially since he just lay there and laughed at me.

Number two:
I am incapable of being serious today. If you called or chatted with me and I seemed a bit light-hearted, well, I was. And nothing was sacred. I can't help it. Sometimes that happens. Don't be offended, I'll be better tomorrow and life will be frighteningly serious and you can share all your heartbreaking drama with me again. I promise I'll listen this time, and I won't laugh nearly as hard. I still won't offer advice. I still won't tell you if I think you're right of wrong. But I'll say soothing things like: "That sounds like it was a difficult thing for you..." or "Wow! how do you feel about that?" or "I can understand how that might be upsetting for you..." If I practice my validation statements for an hour or so tonight, will you give me a chance to use them tomorrow?

Number three:
The blue flax are in bloom. It's gorgeous and I'm very happy about it.

Number four:








I love this picture. I know. It's creepy. It also makes me giggle a little bit. Also, the face on this Cupid reminds me of someone I know....oh, and don't forget to notice his tattoo...

Number five:
I found scented markers on my dining room floor. This is unusual because there is never anything on my dining room floor except carpet and furniture and occasional crumbs when I need to vacuum. I think the cherry one smells best. If you hold the marker too close when you smell it, it colors your nose.

Number six:
I did not straighten my hair today. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment