Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Phone Conversation 7

Caller: Hey, we've got a lot of water backed up here. I need someone to come out and look at it.
Me: Okay. I'm really quite good at looking at things. I'll be out running errands in about an hour and I'll stop by then, if that's convenient for you.
Long pause...
Caller: Is this George's Plumbing?
Me: No, it isn't. You know, I was just talking with a friend of mine. He says that friendship is fairly easy, it only requires a little bit of thought now and then. I don't necessarily agree with that, because I think a good friendship requires regular maintenance. What do you think?
Caller: Well, mostly my friends and I just go drink on the weekends. But if I need anything, I know they're there for me.
Me: That must be a comforting thought.
Caller: Yeah, it is.
Me: So, do you ever just get together and talk?
Caller: We go camping sometimes.
Me: Hmmm...I'm not a great camper, but I can see how some people might like it.
Long pause...
Caller: I should probably call George's Plumbing.
Me: Well, you did say you had water backed up, so I think that's a good idea. Do you still want me to come look at it?
Caller: You can come look at me.
Me: Thank you. I'll pencil that in on my errand list.
Caller: See you later, then.
Me: Good-bye.

3 comments:

  1. i'm awfully tempted to call asking for George's Plumbing and Heating.

    cept you know where i live. :)

    ReplyDelete