Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, September 21, 2008

So in love...

...with Therapist because he came to a workshop in which I was a panel member with Darrin, and he stayed through the whole thing, even when I talked about sex.

...with Darrin because at the midpoint between my house and Utah is a lone sex shop (advertised by posting a sign on a yellow schoolbus...creepy...), and on our trip Thursday, Darrin suggested that such shops could serve a better purpose if they were situated between a fertility clinic and a sperm bank. 

...with AtP because he came to the Q&A workshop for women (in which I was a panel member again), even though he was almost the only man in the audience--but then a married couple came so he had company. And he ate Ethiopian food and didn't hate it (Darrin did--spoilsport), and he had chair races with me at Harmons where we ate prickly pear gelato with chocolate. 

...with Kim because she made me laugh at the conference, was on the panel with me in the women's workshop, and because she sometimes sounded as if she'd been sucking helium when she talked because she was sick--and she didn't get aggravated at me for pointing that out about a thousand times and giggling.

...with Ambrosia (and, by default, Bawb) because she introduced me to Ethiopian food, lied about the waitress bringing us a check so she ended up paying for dinner (for shame!), gave me more Asian pears and peaches from her trees, and in general, just makes me feel happy when I'm with her.

...with Boo and Boo's husband, because they let us crash at their house, and they don't care if it's crowded, they just invite people to come anyway--and I don't care if it's crowded because I grew up that way (nostalgically reminded of nine people or more in a one-bathroom house), and because I just love them.

...with Danish Boy, because he let me call him "adorable," then promptly forgot because I'm female and it means nothing coming from me. But he is. :)

NOT in love with Tabitha and Adam currently, because they fought the whole time we were gone and, in general, acted like normal moronic teenagers. I'm selling them on E-Bay. 

3 comments:

  1. Does Evergreen publish transcripts? I'm too poor to go and am sorry I missed it. Glad you had fun. What does prickly pear taste like? I see plenty as lots of cactus were we live but never eaten one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ate Ethiopian food and didn't invite me?!? I love Ethiopian food!! I use to eat every P-day on my mission (the joys of Africa). Oh well. I really enjoyed your input on the intimacy panel and I'm sure you did well at the women's plan (I was in the mens. - By the way, there were some women sitting in on the men's panel.)

    I hope the trip went well and it was really good seeing both you and Darrin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! Yes! Dreams DO come true! ;)

    And I still sound like that ... Maybe it's permanent.

    ReplyDelete