Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, November 29, 2008

All I want for Christmas is...

DJ: I've been Christmas shopping.

Me: Yay! I love Christmas shopping!

DJ: I need you to tell me what you want.

Me: Why?

DJ: Because I have everyone else finished and you never say what you want.

Me: That's because I don't want anything.

DJ: Mom, that's not fair.

Me: I really, truly don't.

DJ: Mom!

Me: A date with your dad?

DJ: You know I can't give you that.

Me: A date with you?

DJ: We do that all the time.

Me: I love new running shoes.

DJ: Which you don't allow anyone to buy for you and I'm not doing a gift card because you never use them. They just sit on your dresser until Tabitha steals them.

Me: Blue eyes?

DJ: Mom! I'm being serious!

Me: Me, too. I'd love blue eyes. Everyone I know and love has them. I'm stuck with stupid brown ones.

DJ: Uh...Tabitha, Adam, and Dad don't have blue eyes.

Me: Oh. That's right. I forgot. But yours are blue.

DJ: Are you going to tell me or not?

Me: Well, all I really want is a flip top contact lens case. I can't find them in the stores anymore and I want to scream at the screw on ones.

DJ (sighing): You're not going to tell me, are you?

Me: I just did. I really, truly want a flip top contact lens case...or roses.

DJ: You're impossible, Mom.

Me: Just don't get me ice cream--I hate ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. How can you hate ice cream? And also, your kids are awesome. And also, I'm sad I didn't get to meet you this visit. We'll have to get together some time. Maybe around Xmas?

    ReplyDelete