Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, November 17, 2008

Tired

...of uncertainty.

...of nationwide nastiness and excuses and hurt.

...of impassioned pleas broadcast on television which manage to slam and demean the marriage I have worked most of my life for--while insisting that others have the right to make their own marriages sacred. Saying, in reference to marriages such as mine, "How many marriages have there been like that--and how on earth do they increase the sanctity of marriage?" Because if marriage is for all people, surely I may choose what that means for me? As you plead for marriage to be universally granted to everyone, can you not do so while honoring that which I have so carefully protected and maintained and in which I have found joy? By all means, speak out for the things you feel deeply about--but do so without harming those who have done you no harm.

...of believing I'm strong enough to make it through the latest emotional hurtle in my life.

...of endless rehearsals--even though I love them.

...of therapy.

...of knowing I still have a long way to go.

Maybe I'll go take a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment