Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Notable things seen on my walk to work

1. A yard border planted with plastic tulips.
2. A mailbox with a brass plate of Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy (it's a large mailbox).
3. Seven churches, all red brick, one of which is LDS.
4. A vacant lot with a sculpture made of cigarette butts. I have no idea what the sculpture is supposed to be. I can't look at it because I know someone actually touched all those butts, and I'm fairly certain they didn't all come from the same person.
5. A school crossing sign with a pink garage sale notice plastered across the front of it. I'd remove the garage sale sign, because I think it's a hazard, but I'm not tall enough.
6. A house with an adobe chimney sporting a crack that looks like a human profile.
7. A yard filled with antique tractors and farm implements (not artistically arranged, just crammed in there).
8. A tree I would really like to climb.
9. A stretch of sidewalk broken in chunks that have risen above each other like stair steps.
10. A building with an "Exit" sign posted above a brick wall.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, plastic plants never did it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very observant walker. Thanks for reminding me to take in the details.

    ReplyDelete