Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I don't understand him, but he makes me giggle.

Darrin hates the red glare from his digital alarm clock. I don't like the glare, either, but I just turn my clock toward the wall. Actually, I never really use an alarm. I'm up by 5:30 every morning. But Darrin doesn't want to be bothered with having to manually turn the clock to look at it, and he needs an alarm because his internal clock wakes him at 1:30 p.m. Not good if you're supposed to be at work by 8:00 a.m. 

Not long ago I found Darrin destroying an old pair of sunglasses. It's not unusual to see him tinkering--but it usually means he has to "fix" something, which drives me crazy. Sometimes things are fine the way they are! However, I've learned to say nothing, and he's learned not to fix my stuff, so we get on very well.

I watched as he cut out the lenses of the glasses, then proceeded to measure those and cut some more. Soon he disappeared into the bedroom and emerged with super glue (his favorite thing in the world) and his alarm clock. He then glued the newly cut sunglasses lenses to the display of his clock. It looks stupid.

However, it seems to have taken care of the problem. No more complaints about red numbers boring through his eyelids, which means his snoring will be completely uninterrupted...sigh...

I think I might be the only person in the world who has an alarm clock which wears sunglasses. 

2 comments:

  1. This one made me laugh and I needed something like this exactly right now!!! Hilarious!! Alarm clock with sunglasses...

    ReplyDelete