Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Things I learned this weekend:

From AtP:
1. I miss him.
2. Probably the man with knee-length hair wasn't really wearing an emerald green graduation gown--but I think he was anyway.
3. I miss him.
4. Cookies are more fun to eat when I'm allowed to blow the powdered sugar on top at the person across the table.
5. I miss him.
6. Some friends will spend all day with me, but still come to visit me again the next day (I know, Ambrosia, they came to see you, but I'm pretending otherwise).
7. I miss him.

From Ambrosia:
1. My phobias are sort of ridiculous and funny.
2. It's okay for me to sit at the table and do nothing while someone makes me delicious brownies.
3. When I say I'm going to bed, I should do so, or I will start talking and not be able to stop--and 2:00 a.m. is too late for me to be up at night.
4. I don't always share how I feel about people and our relationships, and I need to if I expect the same in return.
5. It's okay if I don't consider her a typical girl--because she's not. She's extraordinary.
6. Everyone seems to have flawed parents. Imagine that!
7. I'm allowed to disagree but still discuss. It's lovely.

From Therapist:
1. I'm so much better than I was six months ago.
2. It's time for me to start doing assignments again.
3. Most of the assignments I have to do are the ones I've avoided because they make me feel uncomfortable or vulnerable or just stupid.
4. Even though I've done a ton of work, I still have a ways to go when it comes to my perception of myself based on words said to me during my childhood.
5. People care about me--it's time for me to allow that to feel positive and healthy.
6. Darrin is amazing and tolerates things which would frustrate or anger many people--and he must love me a great deal.
7. Appointments with me are a bright spot on Therapist's calendar--I think that's funny.

Also, I drove past Edgy's house and almost stopped to knock at his door--but I think he's not a just-drop-in-on-me kind of person. However, next time I might not care. I miss him, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment