Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, April 10, 2011

I have interesting phone calls.

Today the phone rang and I had this conversation:


me: Hello?
Phone Person: Hi. Um...I'm your mailman, (gives name which I can't remember).
me: Okay?
Phone Person: Yeah. I know you have a son who works for our credit union, and I know this is weird, but his boss is my neighbor and her dogs are out and her front door is wide open. I'm trying to catch the dogs (mastiffs), but does your son have any way to contact his boss and let her know what's happening?
me: I don't know, I'll ask him.

So I called DJ, and DJ called his boss and said, "Hi. My parents' mailman is your neighbor and he called them to see if I could contact you to let you know your front door is open and the dogs are out."

Then he drove out to her house to see if he could help, and they caught the dogs and everyone lived happily ever after.

I'm guessing this isn't something that happens a lot in larger communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment