Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Day Off

Today...
...I will not think about feeling.
...I will not worry about analyzing myself.
...I will not acknowledge things that hurt.
...I will not cry.
...I will not worry about nightmares.
...I will not stress about friendship.
...I will not measure my inadequacies.
...I will not worry about aches, anguish or distress.

Today...
...I will smile.
...I will play with my kids.
...I will take a walk and notice all that is beautiful.
...I will count the ways in which I am blessed.
...I will love without restraint.
...I will laugh whenever I wish to.
...I will ignore the things that haunt me.
...I will be me.

And if you've only met the person who wrestles with inner demons, who is immersed in her own troubles, who can't let go of the past and live in the present...well, today would be a very good day to come visit me. I think you'll like the person you meet. She's a lot of fun and has a wonderful sense of humor. I enjoy her immensely.

1 comment:

  1. Good! Everybody needs a day off. I hope yours is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete