Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Better--but not ALL better

I've been feeling on top of life for the first time in a couple of years. It's been wonderful.

But yesterday something happened which reminded me how fragile my illusion of strength is. In moments I had tumbled back into helplessness and feelings which are unlike me. I need to remember that seven days cannot correct the hazards of eighteen months, nor will those days supply me with the emotional and physical rest I need every day. Fortunately, I'm blessed with a number of loved ones who can admit mistakes, who will allow me to do the same, and who will meet me halfway when we have unfortunate interactions.

Still, I need to remember I'm in the process of recuperating. It will take time for me to build up strength again, for I've been very tired, and I don't have weeks of uninterrupted rest to rebuild. I have to keep working and living--no time to check out of life.

That would be nice, wouldn't it? To have a place where one could just rest and regroup until such time as life seemed manageable again? I vote for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment