Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sometimes Life is Beautiful

Today I went Christmas shopping. As much as I try to be mature about this holiday, I'm a sucker for glittery ornaments, cinnamon scented candles, and obnoxious elf hats that sing. I don't necessarily want to buy them, I just want to stand in the store aisles and look/smell/listen.

My Christmas tree is still undecorated. I need to do something about that.

I stream Christmas music while I work, singing along as loudly as possible, and pausing every fifteen minutes to dance a little bit.

While I understand the world is not Christian and this holiday can be annoying for one who does not celebrate it--for me, this year, it is wonderful. I will not explain why because I have learned that it is unwise for me to share the things I most wish to say, and there is no one who will cherish my words as needed. In the past four years I have learned to speak--and also to remain quiet again.

I will simply say, I am incredibly grateful right now and finally, miraculously, at peace. I do not ask anyone who reads this--anyone who knows me-- to understand.

3 comments:

  1. does that mean you don't have the PTSD right now and are feeling better? I hope so that would be awesome.-hugs A.J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, A.J., it doesn't mean I don't have it, just that it's manageable--and because of some things that have happened I expect it will remain that way for a long time. And yes, it is definitely awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! These moments are to be treasured!

    ReplyDelete