Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, February 1, 2013

Love Lists: Day One

Quirky Things I Love:

1. Post-it Notes. Especially ones in fun colors or shapes. But I use the large lined ones the most.

2. Pens with ink of unusual colors. Only fine point. And I hate it when they stop writing a day after purchase.

3. Movies so awful that I giggle all the way through them. Topping my list currently: Season of the Witch.

4. Salt on my grapefruit.

5. Preparing tax returns for my clients. Because if they get a refund I'm very excited that I was able to help with that, and if they owe money I'm grateful it's not me.

6. Driving in the snow. Notice I did not say driving on ice, which is another thing altogether.

7. Riding backwards on a horse. I haven't done this for years, but for whatever reason, I'd much rather see where I've been than where I'm going. And yes, I know this means that I have no control whatever over my mount. Please note how unconcerned I am.

8. Frogs and salamanders. Because they have perpetual smiles and no teeth--kind of like happy babies.

9. This online game. I'm not good at it. I keep starting over. But it makes me laugh. Also, Morcai sends me gifts and toilet papers my campsite and throws bricks at me, and I have no idea how to reciprocate or retaliate, which also makes me laugh but probably makes him think I'm ungrateful or ignoring him. And then I laugh some more because I love this stupid game which I have no idea how to play.

10. Sitting in silence with people I love. I'm listening to the sounds they make when they're not talking. I'm sorting through what I feel when I'm with them. I'm seeing beyond what they look like, understanding how they change my world, breathing them in. I'm allowing them to touch my heart and soul.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, Kingdom of Loathing is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Which is why I keep playing it even though I have no idea what's going on. :)

    ReplyDelete