Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Day to Remember

Today is one of my favorite days of the entire year. There are many good days, but this one, to me, is one which should be celebrated with abandon. It's the day that Sully was born! I had no idea when he made his appearance on earth 19 years ago, that he would become someone very important in my life. And so, because I must--it's tradition, you know--on his day of celebration, I am posting 10 things I love about Sully (and you should go to his blog and offer him felicitations, too!):

1. He knows, sometimes, exactly what to say to help me feel better when I'm a little bit sad.
2. He's not afraid to find out what he believes is true.
3. He's compassionate and concerned for the people around him, and worries about those he loves even when they don't seem to extend to him the same compassion and concern.
4. He's not afraid to try new things.
5. His smile. It just makes me feel happy.
6. He took Adam to the movie--just the two of them. Adam was thrilled that someone like Sully would spend time with an awkward 13-year-old.
7. He helps me cook. I love anyone who will spend time with me in the kitchen. Sully does it whenever he visits.
8. He understands and shares my enthusiasm for the book, Nancy Drew's Guide to Life.
9. He has been my student in different venues, but still allows me to call him my friend--and he is not only one of my finest friends, but also one who has been a close friend for a long time--we're heading for three years, Sully. Imagine that!
10. He laughs with me. Always. Sometimes when there is nothing to laugh about. We're useless as game partners because giggling causes us to cease functioning. But there is something incredibly joyful in laughing with someone you love.

Sully--thank you for being a part of my life. Thank you for putting up with my quirks and insecurities and for just loving me. You are a part of what makes my life beautiful.

Happy Birthday. I love you, Sully.

No comments:

Post a Comment