Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, January 19, 2008

A new audience

When I began blogging two years ago I had two regular visitors. One was Ward Cleaver, and the other was a person I never got around to tagging--but I think I inherited him from Ward's blog (which has been deleted--something I weep over often), and I think it was a "him" because even though he never commented, Ward's blog was not frequented by women (except for me, of course).

A couple of months after I opened my blog a new audience was introduced to it by my friend Elbow, whose blog has become privatized. The new audience consisted of mostly gay men between the ages of 17 and 30. Occasionally a woman would visit (thanks, Kim). As time went on, more men became regular visitors, but with a few exceptions, most of the women who visited quickly lost interest and left.

In the past year, however, things have changed drastically. If I look at my last 20 visitor tags, fifteen are women, moreover, they're women who visit me regularly and even comment. Speaking of comments, there are now more women who comment than men. In fact, my last post was the first time I've had an exclusively female response which included more than one person.

There is only one conclusion that may be drawn from this data. It is incontrovertable...backed up by solid facts...absolutely true...

YAY!!! I'M A CHICK MAGNET!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ummm............that's funny right? You're laughing? Well, I think I'm hilarious..........

6 comments:

  1. lol

    Yep, you're a chick magnet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - I'd say I'm jealous of your new status but being a chick magnet would only give me more temptation than I could handle, so I'll leave the chick magnet business in your capable hands ;)

    ReplyDelete