Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Sunday, July 1st

Even though Darrin told AtP Saturday night that I'd make him late for church the next day, I was ready long before he was. We drove to Provo to meet AtP and then go to Tito's apartment, where Salad and Drex were supposed to meet us and we would all caravan to Ken Gobiddles' ward. It was not to be.

AtP did not answer his phone when I called him. I called so many times that his phone would not record any more messages. I pounded on the door of his apartment several times--no answer. Finally, Darrin and I left and went to Tito's. No Salad and Drex. The three of us left for the church service (Tito was wearing the Moho uniform, I wasn't). I was a little worried. I've spent a lot of time with AtP. He's never stood me up, and I'm usually the one who's late. I'm not sure that I've ever left a message on his phone when he hasn't called or texted me within a few minutes. So this was just odd.

Ken sat behind me at church. He was on the end of his bench. I walked over to him, perched on the arm rest, put my arms around him, cuddled up and started whispering in his ear. I've never felt someone freeze up so fast! I let him sweat for a few seconds before telling him who I was. He pointed out Tito on the bench in front of us and asked if we'd met, suggesting I sit with him. I laughed, told Ken that Tito and I had come together, and showed him my husband sitting near Tito. I know--not nice of me to surprise poor Ken like that, but very fun.

At some point during church AtP, Salad and Drex texted us, letting us know they were coming/already there. AtP had slept in (bad friend!!). We gathered after church, briefly, then went our separate ways. AtP, Salad and Drex joined Ken and family for dinner, Ty had other commitments so we took him home, and Darrin and I went to visit other friends and family, ending up at Ambrosia and Bawb's house for dinner.

Darrin and I picked up AtP and went to the Matis Home Evening. List of people we met (not for the first time, necessarily):

Baker's Son (so good to see you again)
Bro and Sis Matis (best people in the world)
Borealis (yay! I got to have dinner with you and your wife the next day!)
By a Thread (whom I love to hug--and I'm not a hug person, really)
Danish Boy (I love his smile)
Elbow (Yay! he came!!!)
Gimple (but we didn't get to talk much either)
Greg (briefly met, sigh...)
Hybrid (a new person in the bloggosphere--I invited him to come because I wanted to meet him)
Hybrid's friend (a lurker in the Queerosphere for nearly two years)
Mom of Danish Boy (I told her I was gay--maybe I shouldn't have?)
NakedNative (I haven't seen him since September)
Online Friend Andrea (we keep missing each other and I really want to talk)
Original MoHomie (Yay!! I love him!)
Parents of Attempting the Path (AtP wants me to be in love with his mom)
Playasinmar (Thank you for the hug :) )
Salad and Drex (of course), and Salad and I Riverdanced on the trampoline
Tito (one can never get enough Tito--ever!)
Wolfie (He plays the organ)

Okay--I KNOW there are more, but I was a little overwhelmed by all the people. So if I met you, please remind me--for instance, I'm certain that Baker's Son introduced me to someone, but I have too many people in my head right now. So don't be offended if you're not on my list--just remind me, please. There were lots of people there.

We took AtP home and Darrin told me he had really had a wonderful time meeting all the people we'd spent time with over the past two days, but he was exhausted. I laughed. He needs to do this more often.

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe you don't remember meeting me. I'm so offended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm extremely envious and jealous of you all... what it would be like to be a MOHO in Provo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fobriarchal Friend: Believe me, if I met you I wouldn't forget. I might even invite you to River Dance with me--although you'd be hard pressed to surpass Salad's talented toes.

    Beck: I'll be in your neck of the woods next week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm too am jealous. California is fabulous, but I wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. .

    Sometimes I think it is very lucky for me that you don't know what I look like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, good memory!

    ReplyDelete