Dear Concerned Email Person,
No, it is not inappropriate for me to announce on my blog that I have a crush on someone other than my husband because:
1. Just because I'm married doesn't mean I feel nothing for other human beings.
2. It seems you missed the part where I said I'm attracted to members of the female race. No, this does not make me evil. No, this does not make me disgusting. It simply means I'm wired a bit differently than my heterosexual counterparts, who, by the way, I might be attracted to occasionally.
3. He knows. It's not like I'm sneaking around falling in love with women all the time. I'm quite certain he understood what I meant when I said, "Wow. She's amazing," about 20,000 times. Also, I told him, and he laughed with me.
4. I also understand that my husband can develop crushes on other women. It's called being human. However, I'm quick to remind him that the person he's looking at is not as smart, sexy, or beautiful as I am--and he agrees. Really, she doesn't stand a chance against me (not because of the above things, but because my husband really is in love with me--as I am with him).
5. DANG IT!! IT'S MY BLOG!! STOP TELLING ME WHAT I SHOULD AND SHOULD NOT WRITE!!
6. It's funny. And no matter how much you click your tongue at me, and disapprove, and judge, you still have to admit that it's funny. And I believe you're laughing when you think no one's looking. Don't bother to deny it. You know it's true.
Bottom line--there is no implied infidelity. Just me, expressing the oddities of my life and not feeling guilt for having feelings. Darrin feels no threat. He knows that no matter how hot Dara is, he and I belong together and my heart will always be his.
Next time, I think you should just giggle with the rest of us and be tickled by the realities of life, instead of becoming upset over nothing. And no, I don't think I need to discuss this with my bishop. Remember, Darrin is a bishop. I've discussed it with him. We think it's pretty silly.