Yesterday I experienced hand fatigue. This has never happened to me before. I was astounded. Then I started adding up my playing time:
1. Daily practice for a couple of hours.
2. Accompanying 2 hours daily, Monday - Thursday.
3. Playing for Festival students (17) = 2 hour rehearsals Friday and Monday, Festival Tuesday afternoon (two more hours).
4. Two hour rehearsal for recital on Sunday.
5. Two hour rehearsal for recital on Tuesday.
6. Two hour rehearsal for recital on Wednesday.
7. Four hour rehearsal for recital on Thursday.
8. Two hour rehearsal on Friday morning at which point my hands said, "ENOUGH!"
So I gave them the rest of the day off on Friday, but I have rehearsal this afternoon and my recital is tomorrow. They're still feeling really tired today. I'm very nervous. I had no idea I was playing so much.